pinksnowpetals

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I bought the world's most expensive gas cap.

I lost mine (forgot to put it back on) a few weeks ago.
I went back to the gas station the very next day to find it,
but it was gone, but I found another!
It was not the right size, but it was better than none at all
until I got around to buying a replacement.

Last week my 'malfunction" light came on on the dashboard.
I freaked, wondering if it was my engine.
I looked it up in the owner's manual to find that
this light comes on when one has "lost a gas cap".

Whew!

So this weekend I drove to an auto parts store
to get another one.
On the way I passed a recently occurred accident,
one involving injuries for an ambulance was there,
plus the police.

I was relieved I had not left a little earlier for it could have been me.

I get to where I thought the auto place store was supposed to be,
but there was no sign.
I drove into the back parking lot and
hear a "thump, thump, thump".

Freak out!

It's a Saturday on a holiday weekend!
Who will be available to save me?
What if my engine is dying on me?
I can't afford this!

I pull back into the street, hoping it was just the pavement in the parking lot.
Nope, it was my car.
I pulled in to the adjoining gas station, got out and found that I had a major flat tire,
with a chuck of metal attached to it.

After calling AAA, and going to two tires stores
to find the same brand tire to replace the tire I bought
just a year ago, tha gas cap cost $110.00

1 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

I HATE car problems, and recently became a member of AAA for that reason. Cars are a real pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home